January 31, 2006

ChoicePoint to Pay $15 Million in Data Breach Settlement

Published by EPIC

On January 26, the Federal Trade Commission announced that it had reached a multi-million dollar settlement with data broker Choicepoint regarding the company's poor privacy and data security practices, as well as violations of federal law. Choicepoint will pay $10 million to the Commission and will have to pay an additional $5 million to redress the harms suffered by consumers. It is the largest civil penalty in FTC history. Further information at EPIC


LINKS:

Federal Trade Commission Press Release:

Federal Trade Commission Court Documents:

EPIC's 2004 Complaint:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Great publish & Fantastic weblog! I'd definitely love to begin a weblog too but I have no clue where to begin. I possess the ability to do it (not that challenging on the technical portion) but I genuinely feel like I'm too lazy to publish regularly. That is the problem, in the event you start you have to go all the way. However blogs like yours inspire me to possess a go at it. "

--------------------------------------------
美国留学生
Also welcome you!

Privacy saved my life

Blog Archive

Labels

Contact Me

Creative Commons License
Esta obra está bajo una licencia de Creative Commons.