October 28, 2005

SWAMI (AmI & Privacy)

SWAMI (Safeguards in a World of Ambient Intelligence) is a FP6 Project (European R&D Research Programme). This project aims to identify and analyse the social, economic, legal, technological and ethical issues related to identity, privacy and security in the forecasted but not yet deployed Ambient Intelligence (AmI) environment.

WORK PACKAGE

Work package 1 (WP1) consists of a state of the art review of existing AmI projects, studies, scenarios and roadmaps.

Work package 2 (WP2) deals with developing "dark" (adverse) scenarios, the aim of which will be to expose key socio-economic, legal, technological and ethical risks and vulnerabilities related to issues such as identity, privacy and security.

Work package 3 (WP3) develops legal and policy options which could serve as safeguards and privacy-enhancing mechanisms for Ambient Intelligence.

Work package 4 (WP4) focusses on dissimination of project results, continuously throughout the project. There are two validation and awareness-raising workshops foreseen. A final conference at the end of the project is also planned.

SWAMI Partners:

Fraunhofer Institute Systems and Innovation Research (Germany)
Institute for Prospective Technological Studies, DG-JRC, European Commission (Spain)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
Technical Research Centre of Finland , VTT Electronics (Finland)
Trilateral Research & Consulting (UK)

There is available this report: The brave new world of ambient intelligence: A state-of-the-art review.

Links:
About Ambient Intelligence (Open Course Ware MIT) Course available
Philips Research: Ambient Intelligence

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

carlosgarea this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: this post. It pulled me right out of my researching on steps to french kissing products and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job carlosgarea. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with steps to french kissing stuff for now. Have a good day carlosgarea.

Anonymous said...

Howdy carlosgarea,
I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your this post post. I'm a little embarrassed to admit what that I was searching for steps to french kissing information, but found you and I'm happy to be here - you have well done with topics of interest to me. I might make a blog that looks like yours but about steps to french kissing related stuff, (don't worry I wouldn't try to compete with you). You're doing a great job carlosgarea.
You got a great thing going... by friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi carlosgarea,
My excitement grows as I read more of what you have here...
I'm a little embarrassed to say it but when was out looking for dating and kissing information I found your post: this post and had to stop for a read. I sicerely appreciate you blog topic... I'm considering making a blog about dating and kissing and I should probably stop by here more often to watch how you do this great job.. I always love looking through other poeples blogs and reading the posts (especially yours!) I don't know if you like other blogs or want to check out mine, but I think you've done a quality job.

It's great to be here on your blog, thanks.

Privacy saved my life

Labels

Contact Me

Creative Commons License
Esta obra está bajo una licencia de Creative Commons.